Why a blog?

Somewhere to jot down all things I am passionate about.
My little space to rant, rave and ramble on about this and that.
Most of all, just to share my thoughts with the world!

Friday, April 27, 2012

O&M Original Detox Deep Cleansing Shampoo


Howdy beauties!  :-h  This is a review for the O&M Original Detox Deep Cleansing Shampoo that I was sent from Tammerly aka Pink Diva to trial and review based on my personal experience to share on her amazing blog SpoiltHere is the link to the original review.  :)>-

My hair is baby fine, thin and often looks lank, flat and lacking in style, so I regularly utilise an array of haircare products to keep it under control and to help achieve a reasonable-looking appearance.  ;;)  I also suffer from a sensitive scalp, therefore must be cautious what I use, especially when it comes to shampoo, because I have come to the understanding that most mainstream, supermarket brand shampoos irritate my scalp something chronic.  :-S   Unfortunately, much to the horror of my budget,  :-O  it’s best if I avoid anything too cheap and nasty and consequently the introduction of any new products basically comes down to trial and error.  :-/  To top it off, I am also blessed with oily locks that need frequent washing, although, for the past few years, I’ve relied on a dry shampoo rather than daily washing to minimise the greasiness.   #:-S  All of this ongoing maintenance and overkill of products contributes to massive buildup and chemical remnants, which in my case, just exasperates my initial concerns, while causing my mop to loose its lustre, making it drab, limp and generally unclean.  ~X(  The best way to remove all that buildup and to productively maintain my oily hair is to invest in a quality clarifying shampoo, such as O&M Original Detox Deep Cleansing Shampoo that delivers a deep and thorough cleanse.  


The O&M Original Detox Deep Cleansing Shampoo boasts features that target my oily hair concerns, focusing on restoring and regulating the pH levels to neutralise excess oil, providing an intensive cleanse without drying or stripping the natural oils, by keeping it sufficiently hydrated.  *-:)  It is infused with gorgeous botanicals, such as peppermint and tea tree oil with antiseptic properties for an invigorating therapy that cools, calms and soothes the scalp, scrupulously assisting to repress dandruff and the symptoms of a flaky, itching scalp.  The additional benefit of pro vitamin B5 is ideal for fortifying my neglected tresses when used consistently over a period of time.  Furthermore, it’s an ideal clarifying shampoo, which I adopt as an essential step in my permanent haircare regime, specifically for the purpose of eradicating stubborn dirt and residue, along with the side effects associated with tropical living, where contributing factors such as salt and chlorine can wreak havoc on my strands.  =D>

Presented in a simple 350ml white bottle with a flip-top lid, brandishing blue print, including the signature O&M (OriginalMineral) logo, the O&M Original Detox Deep Cleansing Shampoo, enriched with the goodness of natural extracts and active minerals, has a conditioning formula free of any nasty chemicals to avoid aggravating my scalp.  It has a thick gel-like consistency and is clear in colour, imparting a delectable, refreshing scent that smells something like a packet of ‘Minties’ confectionery; definitely good enough to eat!  =P~  I only require a small amount of product, about the size of a five cent coin, which is ample to work into a slightly creamy, gentle lather.  Because it’s not loaded with sulphates, it doesn’t froth up into a mountain of foamy bubbles; yet, it effortlessly distributes from root to tip, adequately cleaning my hair and scalp, before rinsing out easily, leaving my mop feeling super clean, but still comfortable.  After washing and towel drying, my mane feels incredibly light and airy, instantly repelling the unwanted buildup that previously weighed it down.  I also noticed that when I shampooed without implementing a conditioner subsequently, my strands weren’t overly knotty, tangled or withered, instead it was smooth and resilient, brushing out with ease.  ;)

Because my hair falls into the oily category, I’ve determined that his shampoo, despite being suitable to employ on a daily basis, works better for my needs if I use it once or twice a week in place of my normal shampoo.  However, I would imagine those with dryer hair or scalps might need to use it less frequently to avoid unnecessary damage.  I personally love how it leaves my locks considerably soft, shiny and revitalised, with heaps more bounce, eliminating the daggy facade I often showcase prior to washing.  :x  As its name suitably suggests, the O & M Original Detox Shampoo, completes the detox desperately needed for my usual haircare routine.  It prompts ultra clean, more manageable tresses that remain feeling and looking clean for days, whilst also ensuring a healthy, non-irritable scalp.  \:D/  At almost $30 a bottle, it is significantly more than I would normally budget on for a shampoo, although, this certainly isn’t just any shampoo!  Conceding it effectively removes all unwanted gunk from my mane with remarkable results, even establishing compatibility with my generally difficult/fussy hair and scalp, I’ve determined it’s indeed a worthwhile expenditure.  Anyone who desires a shampoo, primarily aimed at clarifying, which is safe and gentle enough for all hair types, sulphate and paraben free, not tested on animals, smells 'ahh-mazing' and works to promote optimal hair health, then I suggest the O&M Original Detox Deep Cleansing Shampoo, so you can discover for yourself if it deserves the 4 ½ star  (*)  (*)  (*)  (*)  1/2  (*)  rating I have awarded it with, based on my pleasurable and positive experience.  <:-P

This was my first time using the respectable, highly renowned O&M haircare brand, despite having heard nothing but super feedback from many of my beauty buddies, I’d not gotten around to trying it.  I am so glad that I did, because it certainly didn’t disappoint. :) Have you been lucky enough to use any products from this brand? How do you go about removing buildup from you tresses, is there a particular clarifying shampoo that you would recommend?  :-?  Please do tell.  Xxx ooo  

The image presented in this post is generic.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear your two cents worth, both good and bad, but anything out of sorts, offensive or unappropriated will have to be scrapped, sorry, just want to keep things clean ;)