Why a blog?

Somewhere to jot down all things I am passionate about.
My little space to rant, rave and ramble on about this and that.
Most of all, just to share my thoughts with the world!

Saturday, May 11, 2013

Covergirl Clump Crusher by Lash Blast Mascara


Hello beauties  :-h  I’m back to do another update and upload some more posts that I’ve been meaning to publish. This next review is for a mascara that was sent to me by Tammerly, author of the lifestyle, fashion and beauty blog Spoilt.  The following is a recollection of my product experience along with my shared thoughts.  :)  You can also check out my review over on Spoilt by clicking here.

The Covergirl Clump Crusher by Lash Blast Mascara, with a curved slimline wand, promises to deliver 200% more volume with no clumps for beautifully, separated lashes.  ;;)


The first thing to catch my attention when I saw this mascara was the loud, green blister pack style packaging, housing a bulky, 13.1 ml plastic tube and a wand, both in the same brilliant green colour.   @-)  It’s typically Covergirl in design and screams Lash Blast all over.  Not sure if green is my kind of colour, but there is no doubt, it will be quick and easy to find in my makeup bag.  ;) The plastic applicator brush is curved with super fine bristles positioned close together and tapering into an ultra fine tip. This allows for easy manoeuvrability from root to tip, ensuring each individual lash, regardless of how sparse, is completely separated and coated in mascara, even in the inner corners.  The slimline wand is lightweight, but has sturdy cap that is comfortable to hold.  :D

The buildable, clump resisting formula is not wet and runny, hence no drying time, instead its drier with a smooth, silky consistency, ideal for layering.  =D>  In fact, I need two or three coats to create perfect soft, volumous lashes, which feel lightweight, flexible and look so ala-natural, while remaining totally clump-free.  I have this mascara in shade number 810, Black Brown, a rich, bold colour that is not OTT and suitable for daytime wear.  The finish is long-wearing and my lashes stay looking fresh all day long, minus any fading, smudging, running or flaking; therefore no dreaded panda eyes.  #:-S   It is free of fragrance, so it doesn’t cause irritation to my sensitive eyes and it’s easy to take off with a simple everyday eye makeup remover.  <:-P

I love this as my go-to mascara for use on a day to day basis, because it defines my lashes, making them visibly plumper and longer.  :x   If it’s drama you’re after, then this is probably not your best option, as despite being able to apply several layers successfully, instead of creating a bold ‘va-va-voom’ effect for a night on the town, too many layers will eventually leave your lashes feeling heavy, crunchy and flaky.  :-O   But if you are in need of a decent and ‘oh so affordable’ daily mascara, to add a desirable fullness and length for flutter worthy lashes that make your eyes pop, then the Covergirl Clump Crusher by Lash Blast Mascara is exactly what you need.  It beautifully fans out my lashes for a soft, subtle everyday look and I wouldn’t hesitate to repurchase it, especially for the price (the RRP is $17.95) availability (can get it just about anywhere) and super effective results.   \:D/

Are you a Covergirl mascara kind of girl??   :-?  What type of mascara do you prefer - one that creates the ultimate drama effect or would you rather the soft and natural look?   :-/  Please comment if this sounds appealing to you, or if you have something better to recommend.  



The images in this post are generic.

1 comment:

  1. I dont remember owning any other covergirl mascara and I really hate their perfumey face products but this mascara is in my top 3! I myself prefer volumizing mascaras because i really don't need the length. So any mascara that adds volume and doesnt ruin the curl I made (because my lashes are straighter than my hair) then its a winner in my book!

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear your two cents worth, both good and bad, but anything out of sorts, offensive or unappropriated will have to be scrapped, sorry, just want to keep things clean ;)